Connecting the creative writing community
Prounounced "Phoenix Lit Serve", the #PhxLitServ is a collective space for the creative writing community to connect and communicate as they work towards common goals.
To this end, the #PhxLitServ maintains event calendars, email lists, facebook groups, and other platforms for people to ask questions, coordinate programs, share resources, call meetings, or just get more involved in Phoenix's literary scene.
Join the Facebook Group
Looking for creative writing and literary arts in greater Phoenix, AZ? Look no further! Find author talks, readings, panels, writing groups, classes, workshops, salons, performances, conferences, and more. The #PhxLitServ facebook group is a centralized space for sharing events, programs, and other opportunities related to creative writing and literary arts in Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding metro.
Join the Google group
The PhxLitServ google group is a space for individuals, organizations, or other members of the larger literary community to start conversations, ask questions, share resources, disseminate opportunities, or otherwise communicate with each other as they work towards common goals.
The google group is hosted online at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/phxlitserv.
View the community calendar
Looking for local literary events? While the Piper Center organizes numerous talks, readings, classes, workshops, and other literary events and programs around the Valley, the #PhxLitServ calendar collects literary events and programs from the larger community.
Adding the calendar
The PhxLitServ calendar is a public calendar which can be added to your calendar client depending on your platform or preference.
The calendar is hosted on Google at the following addresses:
- Google: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1?cid=cGh4bGl0c2VydkBnbWFpbC5jb20
- iCal: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/phxlitserv%40gmail.com/public/...
To add the PhxLitServ calendar to your personal calendar, keep reading to find your client and platform in the list below and follow the instructions accordingly.
Please note: adding the calendar to some platforms and clients are easier than others. Instructions for Google, iCal, Outlook, and Android are provided below. If you have any questions, please contact Coordinator Senior Jake Friedman at 480.727.0818 or email@example.com.
Adding the PhxLitServ to Google Calendar
To add the PhxLitServ to your google calendar from your desktop:
- Open Calendar: Open your google calendar in your internet browser
- View Settings: View your settings by selecting the "Settings" option from the top menu
- Add Calendar: Select "Add Calendar" in the side menu
- From URL: Select "From URL"
- Enter Google URL: Enter the Google URL "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1?cid=cGh4bGl0c2VydkBnbWFpbC5jb20" in the text box
- Add Calendar: Select the "Add Calendar" button
If you are using the Google Calendar app on your mobile device, the calendar should appear immediately once you add it to your account. Please note: you cannot use your mobile device to add a calendar to the Google Calendar; you must add a calendar through a computer or internet browser. For more information about sharing or accessing google calendars, visit Google's website.
Adding the PhxLitServ to iCal
To add the PhxLitServ to your iCal:
- Open Calendar: Open iCal
- Select File: Select "File" from the top menu bar
- Select New Calendar Subscription: Select "New Calendar Subscription"
- Enter iCal URL: Enter the iCal URL "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/phxlitserv%40gmail.com/public/..." in the text box
- Subscribe: Select the "Subscribe" button
- Adjust Settings: Adjust your settings as desired
- Select OK: Once your settings are adjusted to your liking, select the "OK" button
If you are using the iCal Calendar app on your mobile device, the calendar should appear immediately once you add it to your account. Please note: you cannot use your mobile device to add a calendar to the iCal Calendar; you must add a calendar through a computer or internet browser. For more information about iCal, please consult the iCal User Guide.
Outlook for Mac
Adding the PhxLitServ to Outlook on Mac
Adding the PhxLitServ to your Outlook calendar on Mac can be difficult and requires a workaround. To add the PhxLitServ to your Outlook calendar on Mac:
- Open Outlook online: Access Outlook online by opening your internet browser and going to Outlook's website at http://outlook.live.com
- You can also access Outlook online directly at https://outlook.office365.com/mail/inbox
- Log in: Log in to your outlook account online by selecting the "Sign-In" button in the top-right corner of the screen and entering your username and password
- Open Calendar: Open your calendar by selecting the Calendar icon in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Add Calendar: Select "Add Calendar" from the side menu on the left. (A new window should pop up.)
- Suscribe from Web: Select "Subscribe from Web" from the side menu on the left.
- Enter iCal URL: Enter the iCal URL "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/phxlitserv%40gmail.com/public/..."
- Adjust Settings: Enter the title "PhxLitServ" and adjust your settings as desired. If you would like to be cute, select the book icon from the list of available charms
- Import: Select the "Import" button
Once you've added the PhxLitServ through Outlook online, it should appear immediately in your desktop client under your account (not "My Calendar").
Adding the PhxLitServ to Android
To add the PhxLitServ to your calendar on Android:
- Open Calendar: Open your calendar app on your Android phone
- Open Menu: Open the menu
- Select Settings: Open settings by selecting the settings icon in the top right corner of the menu
- Add New Account: Select "Add new account" under "Colors and accounts"
- Select Platform: Select Samsung, Exchange, Google, or another platform or client for which you will be adding your account
- Follow Instructions: Follow the instructions as prompted to add your account