“The 'turn' that introduces into the poem a possibility for transformation."
Volta aims to support undergraduates and graduate students in the creative writing programs at ASU as they transition from their academic life and prepare for a successful professional writing life by providing:
- exclusive opportunities for meaningful connection to ASU alumni and distinguished visiting writers such as “After the MFA” and “After the BFA” discussions, panels, workshops, and intimate networking opportunities
- access to a library of writing resources and books
- opportunities to teach community courses to diverse populations through the Piper Writer Studio
- mentorship opportunities
- connections to ASU career services
- exclusive MFA and BA scholarship opportunities to Desert Nights Rising Stars Conference, annually
- professional workshops (CVs, resume, grant-writing, MFA applications, literary journals)
- access to volunteer and literary citizenship opportunities such as: the BA Creative Writing Reading Series, ASU Undergraduate Writer Showcase, Desert Nights Rising Stars MFA Reading Event, community service, and the Creative Writing Symposium.
- support to the ASU Writer’s Craft Conference, annually
Volta Signature Programs:
- Professional Writer Craft Talks and Events
- After the MFA
- Caesura Wellness Program
- Piper Writer Studio Summer Courses
- Undergraduate Creative Writing Reading Series
- ASU Undergraduate Writing Showcase
- Creative Writing Symposium
- Mentorship Program
To learn more about Volta, use the menu to the left or contact Program Director Kalani Pickhart at Kalani.Pickhart@asu.edu.