The Creative Writing Program at Arizona State University
A rich history of partnership, service, and support
As part of the original trust, the Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing works closely with ASU's Creative Writing Program to support the artistic and professional development of faculty and students.
To achieve this, we offer a number of special programs and services for creative writing students at Arizona State University, including:
- Global Fellowships: Innovative writing and study-abroad experiences in Singapore, Thailand, and Hong Kong for current graduate students
- Volta Signature Programs: Mentorships, symposia, and other unique professional development opportunities for current graduate and undergraduate students
- Internships: Individualized for-credit internships in arts and culture administration, programming, or other areas of interest for current undergraduate students
- The Virginia G. Piper Fellow-in-Residence: An innovative, year-long teaching appointment and artistic residency for former graduate students
- Desert Nights, Rising Stars Writers Conference: Opportunities to present talks, panels, or other sessions at the annual Desert Nights, Rising Stars Writers Conference for current graduate students and attend the conference for free
Additionally, all current undergraduate and graduate students also receive discounts on creative writing classes and workshops through the Piper Writers Studio.
The Piper Center also provides specific support to Hayden's Ferry Review, a semi-annual, international literary journal edited by current graduate students at Arizona State University.
To learn more about student programs and services, you can use the menu to visit each page or send the Piper Center an email at email@example.com.