[Postponed] Sun Devil Giving Day at the Piper Writers House
Date(s): March 19, 2020, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: Piper Writers House, 450 E Tyler Mall, Tempe, AZ 85821
Type(s): Community Event
Genre and Form(s): Community
About this Event
In order to prioritize the health of our community, this event has been postponed due to concerns around the potential spread of COVID-19. Future dates will be announced on our website and social media as soon as they become available. If you have any questions, please reach out to the Piper Center at 480.965.6018 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our response to COVID-19, read the Piper Center's statement at http://piper.asu.edu/covid-19 or visit ASU's official website at http://coronavirus.asu.edu.
# # #
Celebrate Sun Devil Giving Day with the Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing at Arizona State University! Drop by the Piper Writers House any time on Thursday, March 19, 2020 between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to do a little writing, meet our staff, grab a snack, and more.
- Get inspired with fun creative writing prompts from Piper Staff
- Contemplate the magic of the humanities with a special list of metaphors from Director Alberto Ríos
- Learn about the history of our building with tours from Piper docents
- Find your next favorite read with a book from our Little Free Library
- Discover the best spots to write on campus with a special map
- Take a break from the workday with a hot cup of coffee and complimentary snacks
- Meet Arizona Poet Laureate and Piper Center Director Alberto Ríos from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
When you give to the Center, your donation provides scholarships, offers free classes, and increases educational access for the larger community. Please note: you do not need to make a donation or RSVP in order to drop by. This event is free and open to the public.
To make an online donation to the Piper Center on Sun Devil Giving Day, visit our giving page at http://bit.ly/PiperWritersSDGD. Donations of any amount can be made in-person via cash, check, or credit card the day of.
For directions, parking, and other information about getting to the Piper Writers House, visit our website at http://piper.asu.edu/getting-here.