Outreach and Initiatives
Special programs for diverse communities
Beyond all of our talks, readings, classes, workshops, and other literary events and programs around the Valley, the Piper Center leads a number of special projects, outreach programs, and other creative writing initiatives serving various communities.
- The ASU Creative Writing Program: Fellowships, internships, workshops, and other special opportunities for creative writing students at Arizona State University
- Hayden's Ferry Review: Supporting the international literary journal from ASU
- The Thousand Languages Project: A dynamic, multilingual translation project and database with Hayden's Ferry Review
- Imagination and Climate Futures Initiative: Exploring the intersection of speculative literature and climate change with ASU's Center for Science and the Imagination
- Virginia G. Piper Fellow-in-Residence: A hybrid teaching and resident position with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Department of English
- Dunbar Elementary School: Creative writing education for students of Dunbar Elementary School
To learn more, you can select an outreach program from the list above or the side menu. You can also find other events and programs or view past outreach programs and intiatives.