Desert Nights, Rising Stars Literary Fair 2020
Date(s): Saturday, Feburary 22, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Front Lawn, Old Main, 400 E Tyler Mall, Tempe, AZ 85281
Type(s): Fair, Festival
Genre and Form(s):
About this Event
Presented as a public extension of the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Writers Conference in partnership with ASU Open Door, the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Literary Fair is a celebration of creative writing and literary arts in the local community.
This year's fair takes place on Saturday, February 22, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the Front Lawn of Old Main at Arizona State University Tempe (400 E Tyler Mall, Tempe, AZ 85281) and features readings, panels, conversations and performances.
- 12:30 p.m.: Beyond the Ripped Bodice: Romance Writing in the 21st Century with Andie J. Christopher, Cathy McDavid, Deloris Nash, Willow Sanders, and Kris Tualla
- 1:45 p.m.: Children's Storytime with Michael Hale and the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
- 2:15 p.m.: Getting Published in Literary Journals with Superstition Review and Hayden's Ferry Review
- 3:00 p.m.: Cartonera Collective: A Bilingual Reading with Cardboard House Press
- 3:30 p.m.: Pollentongue + Queer Poetry Salon with Jake Skeets, tanner menard, and Elliot Winter
- 4:15 p.m.: Listen Here, Jackalope: A Tolsun Books Reading with Sarah Abigail Adleman, Angela M. Brommel, Michael Buckius, and Sarah Sala
- 5:30 p.m.: Conference Farewell: City, State, Nation: Poets Laureate of the Southwest with Alberto Álvaro Ríos, Rosemarie Dombrowski, Sareya Taylor, Laura Tohe, and TC Tolbert
Beyond these featured programs, individuals can also engage with over 25 authors, publishers, editors, printers, and other literary organizations from all over the Southwest.
Please note: all fair events and activities are open to the public free. You do not need to register for the conference in order to attend. All RSVPs are purely for the purposes of monitoring attendance, gauging interest, and communicating information ahead of the event. You do not need to RSVP or register to attend this event.