Desert Nights, Rising Stars Literary Fair Schedule
Talks, readings, performances, and more
Presented as a public extension of the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Writers Conference in partnership with ASU Open Door, the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Literary Fair features an afternon of talks, readings, conversations, and performances from authors, publishers, and other literary organizations from all over the Southwest on Saturday, February 22, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the front lawn of Old Main.
- 12:30 p.m.: Beyond the Ripped Bodice: Romance Writing in the 21st Century with Andie J. Christopher, Cathy McDavid, Deloris Nash, Willow Sanders, and Kris Tualla
- 1:45 p.m.: Children's Storytime with Michael Hale and the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
- 2:15 p.m.: Getting Published in Literary Journals with Superstition Review and Hayden's Ferry Review
- 3:00 p.m.: Cartonera Collective: A Bilingual Reading with Cardboard House Press
- 3:30 p.m.: Pollentongue + Queer Poetry Salon with Jake Skeets, tanner menard, and Elliot Winter
- 4:15 p.m.: Listen Here, Jackalope: A Tolsun Books Reading with Sarah Abigail Adleman, Angela M. Brommel, Michael Buckius, and Sarah Sala
- 5:30 p.m.: Conference Farewell: City, State, Nation: Poets Laureate of the Southwest with Alberto Álvaro Ríos, Rosemarie Dombrowski, Sareya Taylor, Laura Tohe, and TC Tolbert
Beyond our featured programs, exhibitors may also be offering a number of table-side activities. All events and activities are open to the public and free. You do not need to register for the conference in order to attend.