Dear Prospective Students,
I’m excited to announce enhancements to the Your Novel Year program! The program will be extended from 12 to 18 months. The first 12 months will be devoted to writing a draft, and the final 6 months will be for polishing and fine-tuning, as well as exploring publishing options. The extra time will allow for additional one-on-one mentorship with award-winning authors, and more time in-between courses for integration and synthesis of material (more writing time).
The upshot is that the program will now include:
- Introductory Writing Intensive Courses
- Three workshops
- Two opportunities for one-on-one mentorship
- Classes in revision and publishing
- Two opportunities to attend the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Conference, with opportunities to build connections with agents, editors, and publishers.
- A final read and critique by an industry professional.
If you have further questions about the program, I am happy to answer them. If you’re serious about writing a manuscript, I hope you’ll apply to the program!
Writer-in-Residence, The Piper Center for Creative Writing
Coordinator of Your Novel Year
An Accelerated Online Writing Certificate
- Small Classes
- Expert Instruction
- A Full 18 Months of Mentoring
- Supportive Community of Fellow Writers
Science Fiction & Fantasy
Young Adult Fiction
Applications for 2015 are now CLOSED!
Final deadline for applications has passed.
Prefer to talk with someone about the program by phone? Click here
For any additional questions please check the FAQ page or email us at: email@example.com