The Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing is the artistic and intellectual heart of a vibrant, multinational and culturally diverse world of writers. The Center is dedicated to serving our writing communities, both local and global, by offering exceptional literary programs and resources.
The center aspires to:
- build connections among readers, writers, and others, across multiple disciplines and fields of interest
- offer a variety of educational opportunities to support writers in every stage of their development
- foster a thriving creative and literary community, and transform the Valley’s cultural environment
- become the driving force for a dynamic and entrepreneurial creative environment that will enrich Arizona and the entire Southwest
- encourage cultural and artistic exchanges with international communities
- promote the value that art is integral to all our lives, and make it accessible both within and beyond our community of writers