Become a Piper Friend now!
Do you want to support the Piper Center and receive great discounts on classes and events?
Our Writing Community
The Piper Center for Creative Writing is committed to fostering a vibrant and diverse literary community in the Phoenix metropolitan area and beyond. The Center takes pride in supporting the work of the next generation of literary leaders, through programs such as Piper Writer’s Studio workshops, the Distinguished Visiting Writer Series, and the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Writers Conference.
By becoming a Piper Friend, you are helping to ensure financial support for our students and our community programs.
Who are the Piper Friends and what are the benefits?
Piper Friends are the backbone of our writing community. They receive great benefits for their support, including:
- Invitations to exclusive events (see “This coming year’s benefits”)
- Early announcements about upcoming guests, visiting writers, and new developments in programming as the year unfolds
- Special discounts on workshops and conferences
This coming year’s benefits
This year, in addition to the regular discount benefits, Piper Friends have exclusive access to:
- Private catered reception with celebrated author Amy Tan on October 17th 2013
- Exclusive Piper Friends-only event with catered brunch: Newbery Award-winning novelist Jack Gantos on December 7, 2013
Ready to become a Piper Friend?
You can sign up now online!
For $60/year*, Piper Friends receive:
- $15 off Piper Writers Studio courses
- $25 off tuition for the Desert Nights, Rising Stars Writers Conference
- Welcome package from the Piper Studio (For new members only)
* All funds will be deposited with the ASU Foundation for A New American University, a separate nonprofit organization that exists to support Arizona State University (ASU). Gifts in support of ASU are subject to foundation policies and fees. Due to the fair market value of benefits provided, only membership payments in excess of fair market value may be considered a charitable contribution. Payments for workshops are not considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions.