Bill Konigsberg’s “Openly Straight” finalist for 2014 Walden Award

openlystraightThe Piper Center is proud to announce that our own YOUR NOVEL YEAR coordinator & instructor, Bill Konigsberg, has been chosen as one of five finalists for the 2014 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award! The book earning the honor is Bill’s 2013 effort, Openly Straight. Previous winners of the award include John Green (The Fault in Our Stars), Lauren Myracle (Shine), Francisco X. Stork (The Last Summer of the Death Warriors), Kristen Cashore (Fire), and Steven Kluger (My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park).

For more information, check out the announcement here. And, if you would like Bill’s perspective on the good news, check this out!

And, if you really want to understand what all the hoopla is about, go ahead and pick up a copy of Openly Straight online or at your local bookstore!

Recent Blog Posts

The Unencumbered Traveler

December 15,2014 From the very beginning, a great deal of my writing has been stimulated and informed by my travels.  As someone who grew up highly organized in pretty much everything he did, I thought I... Continue Reading

A Dozen Things That Debut Authors Have Taught Me

December 01,2014 In the middle of this summer, I sat down to tally the books that have been represented by EMLA, Erin Murphy Literary Agency, a boutique agency focused on books for children and teens, in... Continue Reading
Page 1 of 2312345...1020...Last »