Bill Konigsberg’s “Openly Straight” finalist for 2014 Walden Award

openlystraightThe Piper Center is proud to announce that our own YOUR NOVEL YEAR coordinator & instructor, Bill Konigsberg, has been chosen as one of five finalists for the 2014 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award! The book earning the honor is Bill’s 2013 effort, Openly Straight. Previous winners of the award include John Green (The Fault in Our Stars), Lauren Myracle (Shine), Francisco X. Stork (The Last Summer of the Death Warriors), Kristen Cashore (Fire), and Steven Kluger (My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park).

For more information, check out the announcement here. And, if you would like Bill’s perspective on the good news, check this out!

And, if you really want to understand what all the hoopla is about, go ahead and pick up a copy of Openly Straight online or at your local bookstore!

Recent Blog Posts

“The Water is Wide” — Matthew Brennan

March 10,2015 The fine, misted rain drifted sideways in long columns as it fell, glittering down onto the silver puddles beaded across the docks. Aisling heaved her canvas sack up onto the edge of their father’s... Continue Reading

Revising the Novel: Fantasy vs. Reality

March 09,2015 I’m about to let you in on a little fantasy of mine. I think quite a few writers will share this fantasy with me, including, maybe, you. It starts with me getting an idea... Continue Reading
Page 1 of 2612345...1020...Last »