Bill Konigsberg’s “Openly Straight” finalist for 2014 Walden Award

openlystraightThe Piper Center is proud to announce that our own YOUR NOVEL YEAR coordinator & instructor, Bill Konigsberg, has been chosen as one of five finalists for the 2014 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award! The book earning the honor is Bill’s 2013 effort, Openly Straight. Previous winners of the award include John Green (The Fault in Our Stars), Lauren Myracle (Shine), Francisco X. Stork (The Last Summer of the Death Warriors), Kristen Cashore (Fire), and Steven Kluger (My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park).

For more information, check out the announcement here. And, if you would like Bill’s perspective on the good news, check this out!

And, if you really want to understand what all the hoopla is about, go ahead and pick up a copy of Openly Straight online or at your local bookstore!

Recent Blog Posts

Inside Out

November 17,2014 Insomnia taught me how to create believable characters for fiction. Even at age seven, I never readily fell asleep after my enforced bed time. Without adult definitions of “good” vs. “bad,” it never occurred... Continue Reading

Scheherazade’s Call

November 03,2014 Once upon a time is the gate to the entire world. The Velveteen Rabbit was one of those magic stories that saved my life. I remember the line drawings of the Bunny all alone on... Continue Reading
Page 1 of 2212345...1020...Last »