Bill Konigsberg’s “Openly Straight” finalist for 2014 Walden Award

openlystraightThe Piper Center is proud to announce that our own YOUR NOVEL YEAR coordinator & instructor, Bill Konigsberg, has been chosen as one of five finalists for the 2014 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award! The book earning the honor is Bill’s 2013 effort, Openly Straight. Previous winners of the award include John Green (The Fault in Our Stars), Lauren Myracle (Shine), Francisco X. Stork (The Last Summer of the Death Warriors), Kristen Cashore (Fire), and Steven Kluger (My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park).

For more information, check out the announcement here. And, if you would like Bill’s perspective on the good news, check this out!

And, if you really want to understand what all the hoopla is about, go ahead and pick up a copy of Openly Straight online or at your local bookstore!

Recent Blog Posts

On Being a Dictator

October 14,2014 For most of my career I have used a recorder to dictate my writing as I hike trails in mountains or forests (or bike trails or river walks…just about anywhere I want to be).... Continue Reading

The Health of Self-Forgetfulness

September 29,2014 “As with most first-book poets, the farther Franco gets from himself, the better his work tends to be.” That’s a sentence from David Orr’s review (mixed) in July’s New York Times Book Review of James... Continue Reading
Page 1 of 2112345...1020...Last »